4497 Province Line Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
We see surgical cases at our clinic in Princeton, NJ on Tuesdays. Arrival times are typically 8am, 10am, and 1pm, but can vary depending on the number of surgical cases.
We are located across the street from Bristol Myers Squibb on Province Line Road in Princeton, NJ. Here are directions. There is a sign with the practice logo at the entrance to the driveway. There are signs labeled "Clinic" as you go down the driveway - follow them. The driveway appears narrow, but there is a circular turnaround near the barn that can accommodate large trailers.
Horses are usually ready to be discharged approximately 4 hours after they arrive, depending on the procedure they are having performed. We do not have a waiting area for clients, however you are welcome to disconnect your trailer and leave it on the property while you explore the Princeton area.
When your horse arrives, a team member will come out to greet you or your shipper. Your horse will have some time to settle in a holding stall while we answer any questions you may have about the day's procedure.
We will do a physical exam before administering sedation and bringing your horse into our surgery room.
Once the horse is standing sedated and in the stocks, an oral exam and any additional radiograph views will be obtained. The dental procedure will be performed once the appropriate local and regional anesthetics have been administered.
We ask that all owners fill out and sign a Surgical Consent Form, which can be found below. You can email the completed form to us prior to surgery, or bring a copy with your horse on the day of surgery.
- Your horse does NOT need to fast the night prior to surgery.
- It is important to inform us if your horse is on any NSAIDs such as Bute, Banamine, or Equioxx and when they were last administered.
- We recommend that patients that received their last Tetanus vaccine >6 months ago receive a booster from their regular veterinarian. We do not carry vaccines.
If you are in need of a professional shipper to trailer your horse to us, here is a short list of licensed and insured shippers that we notice other clients use frequently. These are not recommendations made by GSEVD and we will not be held liable for any accidents, illnesses, or injuries associated with trailering.
- F. C. Whaley Horse Shipping - Fred Whaley. 908-268-9750. FCWhaleyIII@gmail.com
- Nobody's Business Farm Horse Transportation - Kevin Hennessy. 610-730-9080. NBFHorseTrans@aol.com
- Tom's Tack and Saddle, Horse & Livestock Transport - Tom Spain. 609-227-7863. TomsTackNJ@gmail.com